Thursday, January 27, 2011

favs so far

So we have been in the 480 for a month so I have decided to put together my list of some of my favorite things here.

1. 73 degree weather in January. I know everyone says wait til July and you will not be so happy but I am going to focus on the positives now. The fact that I can exercise outside, read poolside and wear only a t-shirt is some thing I am happy about.

2. Fiesta Burrito. This is a cheap little 24 hour Mexican restaurant that EZ and I love it. They have the best tacos and they are so close that they have become our fav.

3. Vista Del Camino Park. This park is right behind our apartment and it has a trail that goes on for miles. It is perfect for running or walking a dog (cant wait for that).

I wanted to make this list of all the good things about here because sometimes it is hard being in a totally new place, especially when you have spent your entire life in your home town. I know this experience is making me so much stronger as a person and I am happy to be here but sometimes change is hard.

Okay this has been a far to serious blog post (at least for me). I am tempted to add in a cat picture for good measure.

3 comments:

  1. mal - i love you. so much. !!!!!!!!!!!!! lots of exclamations!!!!!!!

    i want to hear more about how things are going - we should catch up sometime soon. i gotcha on the moving to a new place thing. i'll come visit soon. you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal. I would be lying if i said life was peachy when we first moved to SD. It was ROUGH. I actually hated it a little bit. And then I worked in hell, I mean Chase Bank. I know the feeling. Give it some time. . . like at least a year. But, I just got back from UT and it is so dreary and depressing and terrible. Miss the people, but not the place. It's gross there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "wear only a t-shirt"??? you have really let loose down there!
    i miss you sissy! can't wait for you to come visit! love you so so so so much!

    ReplyDelete