Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Shooting Range

Yesterday Eric and I went to the shooting range. I know what your thinking, how very white trash of them, well yes it was very WT of us but I had never been to a shooting range, or even shot a hand gun so I wanted to go and try it. I was excited to go but once we got to the shooting range I started to get a little freaked out. I mean these are guns were talking about, deadly weapons and I was not sure if I felt my carefree attitude would go well with a deadly weapon. Anyways I got past my fear and we started shooting some guns. Let me just tell you it is not like you see in the movies. In the movies you see them fire off guns like they had the power of a super soaker. In real life firing a gun is an intense experience. The guns have kick back so when you shoot them you can feel it through your hole body. When we finished I was glad that I had that experience but had no desire to do it again. I will have to give up on my dream of being a wild child gun slinger, and just stick with my non-violent ways.

3 comments:

  1. so i guess you'll tell dad not to bother getting you a sawed off shot gun?
    love,
    absie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome you went shooting Mal! I've been shooting before and it hurts when the gun fires back at ya. I probably will never do it again. I had a bruise for weeks. ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. time for a new post, eh? i keep checking so see if there is anything new

    ReplyDelete