Thursday, November 17, 2011

Karl's 1st Birthday

So Karl's first birthday is on November 24th which happens to also be Thanksgiving, which is appropriate because I am very thankful for the little guy. I have decided to dedicate this post to all the great Karls that puppy has to look up to.

As a big time Jazz fan I must start with the Mailman, also know as Karl Malone.

I love Karl Malone as any good Jazz fan should, I mean he was MVP of the league twice and took the Jazz to the NBA finals twice. His final season was with the Lakers but it is easy to forget that when you think Malone would have won a Championship for the Jazz if it wasn't for that one player, whats his name? Oh yeah, Michael Jordan.

Next Karl on the list is one of the biggest names in Fashion and total icon, It is Karl Lagerfeld.


If you have never herd of him you have probably heard of the fashion houses he has worked. Karl Lagerfeld oversees the creative direction of both Chanel and Fendi. He is a fashion icon and makes every other Karl out there seem a bit more fashionable.

The last Karl I will mention on my list spells his name with a C but I wont hold that against him, I also wont let the fact that he is a fictional character in an animated movie keep him off the list. It is Carl Fredricksen also known as the old man from UP.

Up is such a sweet movie and I absolutely love Carl in it. The montage of Carl and Ellie's relationship is one of the greatest movie montages ever. Love that movie and I love Carl in it.

So there you have it. There are some pretty great Karl's out there. Lots of people for our little Karl to look up to.

(Look at him in this picture, he looks so grown up)

Happy Birthday Karl!

1 comment:

  1. may i add the swedish artist, karl larsson, to karl's list of namesakes? he is my favorite artist. karl would like his stuff.

    ReplyDelete