Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Mallys

In honor of the academy awards being this weekend I have decided to put together my list of some of the Best Pictures of 2009. I now present you with the Mallys, you may have never heard of them, but they are basically the most coveted award in Hollywood.

In the category of "Best Girls Night Out Movie"

The Mally goes to:

He’s Just not that into you. In general, I hate romantic comedies. They all have the exact same story lines and usually end up being heavy on the clichés and light on the comedy. However this romantic comedy I loved and how can you not LOVE Gigi (Ginnifer Goodwin) in it.

In the category of "Best Movie you did not Want to see but your Husband Dragged you to"

The Mally goes to:

District 9. Okay going into this movie I was not excited, I thought it was going to be some dumb alien movie. I was wrong, this movie is about aliens but it takes a totally different approach to the typical alien movie.

In the category of "Best Date Movie"

The Mally goes to:

500 Days of Summer. This movie is so cleaver and enjoyable. At times it makes your face go numb from smiling and then at other times it makes your heart break. Plus it has my favorite movie scene in cinematic history, if you have seen it you probably know what I am taking about, all I can say is take Hall and Oats and add in the UCLA marching band and that is going to be cinematic magic.

In the category of "Best Music in a Movie"

The Mally goes to:

Crazy Heart. This movie, about a down and out country blues musician, is so good. The music is so wonderful and Jeff Bridges as Bad Blake is nothing short of perfection.

And lastly, In the category of "Best Movie that put a Smile on your Face"

The Mally goes to:

Julie and Julia. After watching this movie I wanted to be just like Julia Child. Her no one can get me down attitude and charming personality made her irresistible to watch and made me realize why my bestie Sarah did a biography on her in 5th grade when everyone else was doing theirs on pop stars and historical figures.

So those are the Mally winners of 2009. If there are other movies from 2009 that you think should be added to the Mallys, I am open to suggestions, and if I agree with you I will add some winners to the list.

P.S. Happy Birthday to Big Sis Maggie up in Alaska! Hope it was awesome and a present is in that mail for you as we speak!






2 comments:

  1. Um, how about the "2 out of 3 ain't bad for Sandra Bullock in one year because if her only movie for 2009 was All About Steve, her career would be over" award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Mallys should be broadcast on television. I agree with your pics 100%!

    ReplyDelete