Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I think i'm sick, I just know I have hypocindria

I have discovered that I am a bit of a hypochondriac. It has been a somewhat recent development but it has started with me thinking I am pregnant about every other month. These thoughts are based on no hard evidence but I think that once I really am pregnant, EPT is going to have a serious drop in sales.

My most recent fit of Hypochondria came on a couple days ago and in a form other than pregnancy. I was getting out of the shower and noticed a mole on my back. The mole was not very big but the pigment was irregular and asymmetrical. I took a closer look and immediately went onto the internet and to find out if I was going to make it. Findings were that irregular pigment and irregular shape can be a sign of a cancerous mole. Shortly after that I burst into tears and started to think about what I was going to miss when I was gone. Then Eric got home and I told him the news. He told me everything would be fine and that we would just make a doctors appointment and that I should not worry about it.

The next day I was feeling much better and not so certain of my demise. I was at work, still planning on making an appointment with the doctor when I start getting all these text from Eric. The texts went as follows:

Have you made an appointment?

Here are a list of doctors you could go to.....

I made an appointment for you tomorrow.

Apparently I was feeling better about the situation but Eric was feeling worse.

I went to the Doctor and he said it looked fine but that another mole looked questionable so he removed it.

Overall the experience left me feeling glad that I went into see the doctor, silly because the mole he took off was not the one that freaked me out, aware that I need to take better care of my skin and lastly happy that I have guy like EZ in my life. Sorry that last bit is a little cheesy.

3 comments:

  1. Why do all of your post make me laugh? So glad your not dying of cancer, but would be interested in you being pregnant.. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cassie... Have a baby! That would be awesome. I would totally babysit once it was past that too small scary stage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mal. . . we are kindred spirits. I used to be a hypochondriac. One day I realized I'm obviously not THAT worried because my diet consists of mostly chocolate and white bread. . . So, I tell myself when eating a snickers, "self, if you were worried you would be eating carrots instead". And when I am watching t.v. I say, "self, if you were worried you would be exercising." On the other hand, I truly am afraid of skin cancer-- mostly because of the gnarly treatments my dad has done-- so I'm sure to lather up the SPF 50 when in the sun.

    ReplyDelete