Saturday, April 30, 2011

Running away to the circus


Last night Eric and I saw Water for Elephants. I had read the book and was interested to see how the movie turned out. As always the book was much better than the movie and some of the casting choices seemed really off, I did however fall completely in love with one of the characters. Her name is Rosie and she is an eight feet eight inch tall, 9,000 pounds, 42 year old female Asian elephant.

I had never wanted to run away to the circus and I actually always thought that sounded like a nightmare because Carnies freak me out but after watching that movie and seeing Reese Witherspoon riding on Rosie, I totally got it. Playing with an elephant all day sounds like as dream.

After watching the movie I have put a bucket list together and currently have one thing on my list. That one item is to ride an elephant.

Hopefully I will be able to check off the one item on my bucket list before I die but I am pretty optimistic about my chances.

2 comments:

  1. mally, remember how i told you to see born to be wild? the elephant cuteness is almost unbearable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rosie and I couldn't bear the scene where August beats her. The book was way better, except I listened to it on tape and the voices were CREEPY, especially when he was talking about the foot long boobs swinging around.

    ReplyDelete