Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I heart New York

Last weekend was my birthday. I turned 25 years old. A quarter of a century! In honor of the big day, Eric took me to New York. It was incredibly fun and probably my best birthday ever.

Here I am at my favorite presidents birthplace. In case you don't know who my favorite prez is or you can't read the plaque, this is the birthplace of Theodore Roosevelt.

Here is the front door. Pretty nice digs Teddy, at least from the outside.

Here I am at Serindipity consuming as many calories as possible. I had forgotten how good banana splits are, now I remember.

Eric and his frozen hot chocolate.

Central Park.

Rowing a boat in central park.

Eric did most of the rowing, mainly because I was not very good at it.

Were on a boat.
At Dylan's Candy Bar, a candy shop that has three floors. That is my kind of place.

Some of the other things we did that did not get documented in pictures was see Jersey Boys which I loved and Chicago. Cristy Brinkley was staring in Chicago which was interesting because she is not a singer or an actress. I mean but do you really need to sing to be in a musical (I am being sarcastic, you do need to be able to sing to be in a musical)?

All in all the trip was awesome. The only downfall was we could not bring Karl, oh and that when we got home it was 110 degrees. Yikes people weren't lying about Phoenix in the summer.

4 comments:

  1. Mal! Happy belated Birthday. I'm sure you loved sharing your birthday with another special holiday... father's day. ha That's so awesome you got to go to NYC! I love that place. Josh and I will be in AZ before you know it. Only a couple of months away. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious?? What an awesome birthday. BTW your outfits are adorable, love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with cassandra potter kemp, you look great in those pics!
    and guess what, one week exactly til i get to see the likes of you in chi town. can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you we on a boat in Central Park... And 3 floors of candy? Absolutely! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete