Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Favorite Chistmas Movies


In honor of this Christmas season, I am putting together my list of favorite holiday movies. These are the movies that bring the holiday spirit and make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. So without further ado, Mallory's favorite holiday movies:

1. All I want for Christmas
Many of you may have not seen this so I will give you a brief synopsis, the story is about Ethan and Hallie O'Fallon, two kids who live in New York. Their parents get divorced and all Hallie wants for chistmas is for her parents to get back together. Ethan loves his sister so he decides he is going to try and make this happen. I love this movie, it has just the right amount of tenderness and cheese to make it a holiday classic.

2. The Grinch who stole Christmas
I do not mean the Jim Carrey version, I mean the original cartoon version. I love the music I love the animation and I love story. Nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit quite like the Grinch and his heart that was two sizes too small.

3. The Muppet's Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol is one of the greatest holiday stories of all time, and my favorite version of this beloved classic is with Kermit the Frog as Bob Cratchit. Michael Caine is a great Ebenezer Scrooge and I love the song"It Feels Like Christmas". Question, why do I never hear that song around Christmas but am bombarded with "Frosty the Snowman" covers?

4. Elf
Funniest Christmas movie period. After watching Elf, I get the desire to answer the phone saying: "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

5. Home Alone
Home Alone is such a great movie. Macaulay Culkin is perfect as Kevin McCallister and they managed to catch him before he got super creepy looking. This movie is just another classic from the great John Hughes.

And that is the list of my favorite Christmas movies.
Now keep the change ya filthy animal!

3 comments:

  1. Home alone is defiantly an awesome classic! You should watch the old version of miracle on 24th street, it is also a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me, I need to pack my copy of "all I want for christmas" so we can watch it together. Best christmas movie EVER!

    ReplyDelete